Thursday 19 April 2012

Canada Hill with Love

Everything starts from here. A place that inspired me and changed my perception about the living environment in Miri is Canada Hill. It is also known as “Grand Old Lady”.  It is the first cable-tool oil well in Sarawak which developed the prosperous petroleum business in Miri. Canada Hill is 30 meters high. It is a potential tourist attraction where tourists can enjoy looking at the gorgeous view of Miri Town from the hill (William, 2011). Other attractions includes jogging path which stretches along its lush greenery  landscape and a bistro named Hazard is an ideal chilling spot for youngsters. Next to the Grand Old Lady is a petroleum museum which is a museum information centre of the joint venture between Sarawak, Petronas and Shell Malaysia. In 2005, the name of Canada Hills was changed to Bukit Telaga Minyak (William, 2011).
Canada Hill also is a romantic dating place for couples and recommended chilling place with friends. I have so much sweet memories with my buddies. We watch sunset together and having tea time at bistro. Besides that, one of the most unforgettable memories whenever I go there is one of my friend’s true love story. My friend confessed to his girlfriend at Canada Hill.

Before I came to Miri, I thought that Miri is a rural small town. In my opinion, many West Malaysian have a misconception about East Malaysia. They speculated that the main cities in East Malaysia are rural and lack of modern infrastructures. Nevertheless, my perception about Miri changed after my first visit to Canada Hill. The splendid skyline of Miri Town had mezmerised me.



Petroleum Museum (Thomas, 2009)












 Miri Evening Skyline  (Min Yuan, 2012)






Night View (Relaxjack, 2009)











Enjoy hot chocolate at Hazard Bistro. (Min Yuan, 2012)























References

6 comments:

  1. Nice first post. By the way I witnessed that sweet proposal haha... nice pictures ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely start =) looking forward for your future posts. this refreshed my memories with this place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Miri too! =D Miri is really a nice place. Canada hill is one of the place that one shouldn't miss when they visit Miri. The whole Miri view from the top is amazingly beautiful. =) I'm already looking forward for more interesting posts about Miri..and aaawwww...that proposal was sooooooo sweet. The girl is really lucky to have a sweet romantic bf ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah,Miri is a nice place.I love Miri too.A few posts will be posting soon :)

    ReplyDelete